"It's believed that we have two sides of the brain. The one side is analytical and the other side is creative. I have met people, including myself, who seem to lean on one side or the other. I have met people who are so analytical that they are not open to the supernatural creativity that God has given to us. Others I have met are so super-spiritual that they don't know how to live in the ordinary, everyday stuff of life. They are not practical at all."
(SOURCE: "It Takes Practice to Get into the Super Bowl AND the Super-Natural" by Bill Yount)
http://www.elijahlist.com/words/html/textonly-020109-Yount.html
So which side of the brain do we operate out of? This is a personal question--meaning each person has a different answer. When I got saved, I believe I operated out of the creative brain...almost competely. Then, as time went on, I got kinda analytical. It is a coping strategy. I get hurt. I know (from past painful experience) that I cannot react but I must respond well. So I got analytical and careful. And then it got comfortable being analytical and careful coz I don't make too many mistakes that way. Then lo and behold, this mind has gotten into its former analytical mode, and cannot be creative and spontaneous anymore.
Thank God that He is the God of restoration. Let Him restore the genuine and authentic me. He created me. He restored me at the point of salvation. He did it once; He can do it again.
Psalm 139:13-17
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Psalm 8:1-6
O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
above the heavens.
When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
What is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?
You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment