HOPE, not despair, is our driver.
We groan at our lost. But this groaning is the cry of the afflicted which our Almighty and compassionate Father in Heaven above hears and answers.
Psalm 10:17
You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted;
you encourage them, and you listen to their cry...
Psalm 22:24
For he has not despised or disdained
the suffering of the afflicted one;
he has not hidden his face from him
but has listened to his cry for help.
Psalm 72:4
He will defend the afflicted among the people
and save the children of the needy;
he will crush the oppressor.
We are not crying alone. Nor are we in despair. We are crying with Hope in our hearts…to be heard and to receive the restoration we need.
“We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.”
(Romans 8:22-25)
Since the Fall of man through disobedience, all creation is groaning in pain, crying out for complete restoration.
Even we ourselves who have the Holy Spirit groan inwardly when we see the devastation.
What are we waiting patiently for?
“The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.” (Romans 8:19-21)
What is this glorious freedom all about?
“…the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. To them God has chosen to make known…the glorious riches of this mystery, which is CHRIST IN YOU, THE HOPE OF GLORY”. (Colossians 1:26-27)
CHRIST IN YOU, THE HOPE OF GLORY!!!
“JESUS ANSWERED, "I AM THE WAY AND THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE. NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME.”. (John 14:6)
He is the Way…
He is also the Waymaker…
“I will turn all my mountains into roads,
and my highways will be raised up….”
(Isaiah 49:11 I)
“I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them.”
(Isaiah 42:16)
LET’S FOLLOW HARD AFTER HIM! LET’S BE HOPE DRIVEN!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Driven by hope, powered by faith, nourished by love...
ReplyDelete